5 Tips for a Manly Glow
Updated: Nov 21, 2020
When it comes to skincare, the conversation usually centers on women. We are the decision-makers when it comes to skincare, we are obsessed with achieving the “healthy glow” and there are tons of products on the market that cater only to us. But our men have been left out in the cold. Deodorant and shaving cream are the highlights of their skincare. We need to change that!
Men have specific skincare issues that could extend beyond merely shaving and using deodorant that makes them smell like the Old Spice man. Not just that, but some men also prefer not to smell like a lumberjack (the ladies might not be too fond of the lumberjack scent either)!
Here are 5 tips Gents can use to achieve that “manly glow”:
1) Buy soap that has moisturizing ingredients, such as shea butter, cocoa butter, and glycerin.
2) Sunscreen is your friend, use it! It will help prevent sun damage.
3) Moisturize! If you suffer from dry skin use a thick cream to soothe and protect it.
4) Moisturize, again! Apply a moisturizing cream immediately after you shower, while your skin is damp, to seal in moisture.
5) Did I mention moisturize? With the constant handwashing that we’re doing due to COVID-19, your hands might be drier than usual. Moisturize immediately after washing your hands. Each and every time!
Skincare matters, gentlemen! You can benefit from developing a skincare regimen and the tips above are a good place to start.