Updated: Sep 7, 2019
We live busy, hectic, and fast-paced lives. Sometimes, we get so caught up in our day-to-day, that we don’t even stop to think about ourselves. Spouses, children, work, school, LIFE!! It’s non-stop!
But today, is National Relaxation Day. A day set aside for us to focus on taking care of ourselves and just relax. So, what are some things you can do to relax? Well, I’m glad you asked.
Here are 6 ways you can relax and unwind:
1) Cuddle with a book
There’s nothing like snuggling into your favorite seat or area of the couch with a good book to take your mind off of the madness.
2) Watch the sunset Colors of orange, blue, and purple cast across the sky leaving you in awe of the wonders of nature. Definitely a great way to relax.
3) Light candles and take a bath A warm, soothing bath is a perfect way to calm your mind and your body with only the lights of the candle to illuminate the room.
4) Meditate Silencing the outside world, focusing on your breathing, and allowing the quiet to consume you is a very relaxing way to bring calm.
5) Sip tea Savoring the flavor of a nice cup of your favorite tea can be very relaxing.
6) Share laughs with a loved one or special someone Laughter is always the best medicine and it’s a plus when you’re in the company of family and friends.
Even though we’re celebrating National Relaxation Day today, let’s make it a point to incorporate some or all these relaxation methods in our daily lives.